Pages


Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brand Textures :: Jack'd Skimboards

Working exclusively with the sketches of local artist and entrepreneur John Sarkis, Zimmermann Studio designs a series of repeating brand textures for budding Whidbey Island venture, Jack'd Skimboards. These wildly expressive b&w patterns are designed to be tile-able for seamless application on a broad range of products, from T's, skimboards, headwear and accessories, to web backgrounds, packaging and brand communication.

"Working with the art of another – this was a new challenge and a fascinating adventure for me. As I twisted and turned through this foreign visual world, I butted up against the limitations and vulnerabilities of my own artistic identity. What does it say about me? How will it be received? Can I stand behind it? Why is this so exhilarating?

I never would have spontaneously ended up here in a million years, but through the experience, I feel my creative boundaries have expanded – redefined and opened-up to include fresh charges of stimulation from a well of inspiration more vast than I had previously known. John's enthusiasm for the work was infectious, and the patterns are brimming with promises of new, unexpected intersections."

Design: Zimmermann Studio
Illustration: John Sarkis
images ©2008 Jack'd Skimboards

No comments:

Post a Comment